DoD Steels Summit 2023
November 14 - November 15
Event Name: 2023 DoD Steels Summit
Location: Doolittle Institute, 1140 John Sims Pkwy, Ste 1, Niceville, FL 32578
Registration Deadline: October 30, 2023
Abstract Submission Deadline: August 21, 2023
The DoD Steels Summit brings together defense, industry, and academic communities engaged in the production, use, and research of steel alloys relevant to military applications. This year, the event will be hosted by the Air Force Research Laboratory – Munitions Directorate (AFRL/RW) at the Doolittle Institute.
We are currently accepting abstracts from academia, OEMs, DoD Labs and Non-DoD Government Labs for novel solutions and capabilities in the following areas:
1. Structure-processing-property relationships (Distro A)
2. Ballistic Performance (Distro A and D)
3. Data Science and Modeling (Distro A)
4. Additive Manufacturing and other Advanced/Novel Manufacturing Techniques (Distro A)
5. Systems Challenges (Distro D)
Abstracts are due no later than August 21, 2023, and must meet the following guidelines:
- Must be cleared for public release by funding organizations prior to submission.
- Must be a maximum length of 300 words and may include graphical abstract.
- If a graphical abstract is included, the use of Arial font and a minimum resolution of 300 dpi is recommended.
- Abstract must cover at least one technical topic from the list provided.